SAAFS POPIA Statement
The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA) came into full effect on 1 July 2021 in South Africa. To this end SAAFS states that we respect your privacy and hereby indicate how we will collect, retain, share and use your personal information.
– SAAFS collects your personal information such as your name, surname, email address, telephone number in order to conduct the business of SAAFS and to provide you with the assistance and services SAAFS are committed to under our Memorandum of Incorporation. From time to time, in order to conduct the business of SAAFS, you may receive a phone call or text message from SAAFS.
– We will only use your personal information for official purposes of SAAFS, thus to communicate with you about SAAFS or SAAFS related aspects including events such as our webinar series primarily via email.
– We will retain your information in as secure a manner as we can via the platforms we use. You may at any time ask to see a copy of your personal data that we have on record in SAAFS and you also have the right to request that we correct, amend or delete your information.
– SAAFS will not share your information with any third party unless (a) we have your explicit consent and (b) we are compelled by law to do so.
We understand the importance of the protection of personal information and are committed to complying with the POPIA Act.
Our SAAFS database consists of information on SAAFS members, webinar participants and other interested parties who subscribe to our events via links we send out, or via our website and other software platforms we use. Do you want to continue to receive communications from SAAFS?
– If your answer is YES, you do not have to do anything. You are already subscribed to our database and will continue to receive communications from SAAFS.
– If your answer is NO, please use the link at the bottom of all our communication emails etc. to unsubscribe from our database. You will then no longer receive communication from SAAFS. You can unsubscribe from all SAAFS communication at any time in the future, by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link.
Please take note that if you e.g. register for a SAAFS event by filling in your personal information on a link SAAFS distributed or via our website, your personal information provided will be stored in the SAAFS database. If you have any questions regarding how SAAFS will deal with your personal information, please contact SAAFS prior to providing SAAFS with any of your personal information.